Welcome to MHC!
Electric vehicle exploration
The use of electric vehicles (EV) worldwide is expected to grow as manufacturers develop products, and in some cases, make strategic shifts to electric power. Southland Volkswagen is working with MHC to explore and share information about using an EV in our region. This project will:
- Give students and faculty access to new technology and products.
- Learn and share how the car responds, and what an owner can expect from an EV vehicle.
This will include driving in all conditions, cost of charging hardware, and the cost of utilities to charge the vehicle.
- Make the most of existing renewable energy projects and innovations.
e-Golf Data Dashboard
Having trouble viewing the dashboard? Click here
- 100 kW/134 hp electric motor
- 201 km range
- 0 to 100 km/hr in 9.6 seconds
This project will explore all three types of chargers:
Vehicle is plugged in at home, using a regular 110v, 15 amp plug. This level of charging may take 8 to 20 hours.
Available for residential use or at a charging station, these 240v systems (much like an oven or clothes dryer) take approximately four hours to charge an electric car.
A Level 2 charger is installed at the project coordinator’s residence for the duration of this project at the following cost:
- Charger hardware: $1,481.25 (+GST)
- Installation: $980.09 (+GST)
- Electrical permit: $150.00 (approx.)
This is the fastest charge and may take 20 to 40 minutes. A Level 3 charger will be installed on campus in June 2019 as part of MHC's microgrid. This will be a fee-for-charge service.
For more information about the
EV project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.