Enjoying Student Life
Make the most of your MHC experience by getting involved in student life on campus.
Clubs are a great way to get involved in the campus community, meet new people and have fun. Currently, MHC has the following clubs registered on campus to accommodate a variety of interests including:
- Alberta Institute of Power Engineers (AIPE)
- Business Ambassador Students (BAS)
- Education Undergraduate Society (EUS)
- Enactus MHC
- Indigenous Visibility Club
- MHC Gamers Guild
- Power Engineering Club
- Science and Engineering Undergraduate Society (SEUS)
- Social Work/Addictions Counselling Club
- Super Smash Brothers Club
- Undergraduate Bachelor of Nursing Club (UBNC)
- Visual Arts Student Society (VASS)
If you would like register a club, please contact the Students' Association at 403.529.3925.
Your Students’ Association [SAMHC] helps make MHC a better place to live and study. The SA provides student representation as well as academic and peer support services. This student-led group also hosts many on-campus events including cabarets, comedy nights, and guest speakers and runs the student lounge. All full-time students benefit from the SA’s Extended Health and Dental Care Plan. Visit http://www.samhc.ca/ or call 403.529.3925.
Sport & Wellness
MHC is a member of the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference [ACAC] and competes in four league sports: basketball, golf, soccer, and volleyball. Be part of the excitement – join a team or come cheer on the Rattlers! Several Rattlers teams hold ID camps in the spring. If you are interested in playing a college level sport, it is recommended that you attend. Visit Sport & Wellness for more information.
If you enjoy team sports, sign up for one of the many campus recreation activities. Meet people, stay fit and have fun playing basketball, volleyball, ball hockey, badminton, or kickball. Take advantage of group fitness classes [offered during lunch hours and in the evening], sign up for our annual Rattler Run or get advice on nutrition and exercise at the Be Fit For Life Centre, right here on campus. All students also enjoy free access to the weight room.
The Campus Life Committee is a group of staff and students that work to engage the college community through a variety of events and activities throughout the year. Student appreciation activities, spirit days, sporting events and the annual Beach the Blues are just a few of the events brought to you by Campus Life.
New Student Orientation
MHC wants you to set you up for success with New Student Orientation. This event provides you with an opportunity to:
- Meet your instructors and other students in your program
- Get tips for college (note taking, budgeting, exam preparation, etc.)
- Meet Student Association representatives, Senior Administration, and your Advisor
- Become more familiar with the college campus