Withdrawal Policy and Dates
- To avoid requests for refunds, please ensure you can fully commit to the program before you register.
- If you have to withdraw from lessons, refunds are based on the date a signed withdrawal form is submitted to MHC Registration Services.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing to the Director, Continuing Studies, MHC Conservatory (Attention: Cathy Crockford – email@example.com)
Ensembles or Group Classes
- No refunds will be considered after the commencement of an Ensemble or Group class.
- MHC reserves the right to cancel, postpone or combine classes and to limit registration or change instructors. Should insufficient registration cause the cancellation of a class, fees will be refunded or the student may transfer to another course if a seat is available.
Private lessons will be refunded as follows:
- The instructor will be asked to confirm how many lessons (received and missed/forfeited) have taken place. You will then be refunded the remaining balance, LESS an additional 4 lessons that will be deducted from the total refund owing (roughly an additional month of lessons).
- Example: If you pay for 30 lessons, and you have taken 4 and missed 1, your refund will be: 30 - 5 - 4 = 21 lessons refunded.
- A tuition refund will be issued less a $50 processing fee.
Missed Lessons - Rescheduling Policies for Private Lessons
- Lessons cancelled by the student are made up at the discretion of the instructor, but in most cases, the missed lessons are forfeited. Please understand, weekly lesson times are set aside for you at the beginning of the year; by you missing one weekly spot, it is a time that the instructor cannot fill with a new student and time in our studios that sits vacant, since you will be returning the following week.
- In most cases, student's planned holidays, if they fall during regular teaching weeks, count as regular lessons, and are forfeited.
- If possible, please let your instructor know at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend a scheduled lesson; call your instructor directly to indicate an absence (if you have difficulty reaching your instructor, please contact us, but please note we may be unable to pass on urgent messages).
- Any cancelled lesson initiated by an instructor will be made up.
- Students should not attend lessons or Conservatory group classes or ensembles if they are exhibiting signs and symptoms of illness. Instructors may ask students to leave their studio or classes if they seem to pose a health risk to other students or the instructor. Students who cannot attend a lesson due to illness will forfeit that lesson if it falls during the regular teaching schedule.
- Signs and symptoms include vomiting, fever, unexplained rash, heavy coughing, excessive nose running, etc.
The Conservatory will be closed on all statutory holidays. Instructors may or may not choose to teach on these dates at their discretion. This policy is designed to accommodate everyone so that families and instructors may enjoy statutory holidays.