Programs & Courses
Bookkeeping is a service that is in demand by corporate and small business, industry and non-profit groups alike. Bookkeepers are responsible for handling the financial records of a company or organization, including recording financial transactions, organizing files and maintaining accounting software programs. This program will prepare students for entry level positions in:
- accounts receivable and accounts payable departments,
- payroll units,
- income tax firms, and
- financial services organizations.
Program At a Glance:
- Offered at Medicine Hat and Brooks campuses
- Delivered part-time, in-person
- This program is eligible for the Canada-Alberta Job Grant which reimburses two-thirds of your employee's training costs.
For more information, contact:
Medicine Hat Campus
There are no formal academic requirements for this program.
Courses & Fees
|Course Name||Hours||Tuition||Additional Notes|
|Introduction to Bookkeeping
Sage 50: Level 1
|$1030 + GST||Price based on ‘Combine and Save Discount’|
|Sage 50: Level 2
Sage 50: Reconciliations
Sage 50: Managing Payroll
|$745 + GST||Price based on ‘Combine and Save Discount’|
|QuickBooks: Level 1
QuickBooks: Level 2
|$675 + GST||Price based on ‘Combine and Save Discount’|
|Microsoft Excel Level 1||9 hours
||$195+ GST||ed2go online equivalent: Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2019/Office 365
If you are not familiar with MS Excel, it is recommended that you to Fundamentals of Excel prior to taking Excel Level 1.
|Microsoft Excel: Formulas & Functions||6 hours
- With 75% achievement on all required courses a Computerized Bookkeeping Certificate will be earned.
- Certificate exams are required for each course. The Certificate exam fee for each MS Office course is $15 + GST per exam. Pre-registration is required. Re-tests will be treated as challenge exams.
- Microsoft courses can be challenged. The challenge exam fee is $75 + GST per exam.
- Students must apply for the Certificate upon successful completion of all required courses. Certificate request forms are available at the Continuing Studies office.
If you are a graduate of Medicine Hat College's Administrative Office Professional (AOP) certificate, you can receive advanced standing in the Computerized Bookkeeping certificate program. With your AOP certificate, and successful completion of Sage 50: Payroll, QuickBooks Level 1 and QuickBooks Level 2, you will receive a Computerized Bookkeeping certificate.