Programs & Courses
Sport & Event Marketing and Management
About this Program
Starting in Fall 2022, MHC's Sport & Event Marketing and Management diploma prepares students to enter the fast-paced, integrated world of sports, arts and entertainment, and not-for-profits. Learners will get a competitive edge by learning everything from the science of persuasion, e-sports, and experiential marketing to public relations, sponsorship and management theory. These skills are both complementary to the sports industry but can also be applied in a variety of other sectors such as corporate events, arts and entertainment, and community recreation.
Students will learn from world-class professionals, participate in a workplace integrated learning residency, and gain insight through the use of simulations, case studies and hands-on projects.
Upon completion, students will demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of the management function to the operation of a sport and event organization.
- Apply, analyze and communicate accounting, economics and finance concepts pertinent to the operation of any organization.
- Demonstrate effective management of human resources in areas such as: job analysis, performance appraisal, employee selection, training, compensation, and labor relations.
- Develop integrated marketing and media plans directly associated with sports and event entertainment.
- Analyze and interpret marketing activities using criteria related to sales forecasting, budgeting, financial health and performance metrics.
- Use Brand Intelligence tools and techniques to reframe, redesign, rewrite and develop new narrative elements for extraordinary advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Create professional and persuasive written and digital communications.
- Develop and evaluate sponsorship activation opportunities.
- Plan, design, execute and evaluate comprehensive events utilizing project management.
Graduates from the diploma can pursue positions ranging from brand ambassador and marketing coordinator to event management and coaching development coordinator. MHC has transfer agreements with various post-secondary institution. To learn how you can attain a degree contact our academic advising team.
High School Route
High school diploma with
- ELA 30-1 or ELA 30-2
- Two Grade 12, 5-credit subjects with 50% or better
Mature Student Route
- ELA 30-1 or ELA 30-2
Detailed course information will be available soon.
- Sports / entertainment account coordinator
- Sport / event marketing coordinator
- Sponsorship / experiential marketing coordinator
- Social media / digital marketing co-ordinator
- Coaching development coordinator
- Fan experience / account coordinator
- Brand ambassador
- Facility / campus recreation / athletics coordinator
- Sports agent
- Marketing research
- Advertising and sales
- Event management
- Public relations
What is your education going to cost?
Our TUITION and FEES page provides a total cost estimate for your program including books and supplies and related expenses.
Looking for ways to help fund your education?
There are lots of options like student loans, scholarships, bursaries and emergency funding available.
Check out our FINANCIAL AID page for more information.
Many programs offered at Medicine Hat College qualify for transfer credits to other institutions. In some cases, you must transfer to another institution to complete your program and gain your credential.
At MHC, we care about students and want to help you succeed.
As a student, there may be times when you require support. Our SERVICES page provides you with links to a number of campus supports including academic success, counselling and care, health and wellness, and many other resources.