Username & Password
Username Password CombinationThe same username password combination that allows you to log on to college computers will get you into all of the services listed below.
- College computers in libraries and labs
- The Blackboard Learning Management System
- The MHC-WiFi wireless network service
- The student portal
- The mymhc.ca Student Gmail service
If you have any problems accessing these college information technology services, please contact our support centre:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 403.529.3899
- In person in the library
Reset Your Own Password
Forgot Your Password?
Visit the Password Self-Service landing page
Step 1: Enter your information
To reset a password, three pieces of information are needed:
- Your student number
- Your date of birth
- The last 8 digits of the barcode from your student ID card
A secondary method of validation is needed either:
- Send an email with a 4 digit pin
- Send a text message with a 4 digit pin
Step 3: Enter the PIN received
Step 4: Input your new password
Please note your password must:
- Be a minimum of 8 characters in length
- Must contain 3 of the following 4 items:
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter
- A symbol
- A number
- Cannot be a repeat of a recently used password
The only difference between the change password and forgot password is the initial screen and lack of PIN validation.
Once you log in using your student username (without the @Mymhc.ca ending) and your password, you will be taken to the set password screen. The rest of the process is the same as in step 4 above.
If you are having troubles, download the instructions, including screenshots here.