Thank you for choosing Medicine Hat College for your training needs!
- You must report to the room listed for your program at 8 a.m. on the first day of classes. During this time, your instructor will review class expectations and hand out information regarding Employment Insurance (EI).
- Automotive - Room T251
- Carpenter - Room T209
- Electrician - H building
- HET - Room T190
- Plumbing - Room T158
- Steamfitter/Pipefitter - Room T121
- Rig Technician - MHC Brooks campus
- Welding - Room T124
- If you do NOT attend the first day of class, you may end up forfeiting your spot unless prior written or verbal communication has been made with MHC Registration Services at 403.529.3845.
- The books and supplies list represents the materials suggested for your trade. Please consult with your instructor before purchasing.
- For information regarding your EI claim contact the Canada/Alberta Service Centre office at 1.800.206.7218 or in person at 78 8th St. N.W., Medicine Hat.
- Application forms for grant funding through Alberta Employment and Immigration are available at the MHC Student Financial Aid office. As an apprentice, you can apply for funding up to two months prior to the start date and should have the forms completed before classes start. MHC Student Financial Aid can also help you with Incentive and Completion Grants. If you have any questions please contact Student Financial Aid at 403.504.3594.
We look forward to working with you to develop the knowledge and skills that will allow you to succeed in your career.
Books and Supplies
It is advisable to wait until after your first class to purchase your books and supplies. The modules and most of the supplies can be purchased at The Bookstore at Medicine Hat College. To download a list of the books and supplies required, click your program from the list below.
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Rig Technician