Whether you want to explore new career possibilities or advance in your current job, Continuing Studies offers a variety of courses when, where and how you need them, with online and in-person options available so you can LIVE and LEARN!
We invite you to browse our class offerings in business & leadership, computers & technology, industry & trades, and community programs.
Featured Courses: Medicine Hat
- Dealing with Difficult People (Starts May 13) – Learn techniques and skills for dealing with challenging people for positive outcomes including co-workers, clients, bosses/supervisors and those in your networks.
- Managing Behaviours (Starts May 20) – Learn how to manage our own behaviour and the situation for better outcomes, as well as managing “less than perfect” behaviour of others.
- Applied Project Management (Online; Synchronous / Starts May 25) Learn the entire project life cycle in just 3 days in this engaging, instructor-led, course offered online! This program will provide tools and skills that learners can implement on their next project. The project management process applies to all industries and will benefit project managers, supervisors, or staff involved in executing projects.
- Beginner Woodworking/Cabinetry Level 1 (Starts June 1) Thinking about a new hobby and would like to try woodworking? Learn how to use the basic power tools for woodworking by constructing a project of your choice. The first class will include safety as well as a discussion about your project ideas and what you will need to bring for supplies for class two.
- Management Skills for Supervisors (NEW DATES Starts Jun 7) This program will provide you with skills and knowledge to effectively manage others and maximize productivity. Combine professional knowledge with people skills to thrive in your management role with increased confidence and purpose. Hear what our instructor had to say about the Management Skills for Supervisor program. Click here.
Featured Courses: Brooks
- SafeTALK (Starts May 16) The Full Circle Foundation will be sponsoring this workshop, from the Centre for Suicide Prevention. This half-day workshop focuses on learning the signs and how to get help for someone at risk of suicide.
- Applied Project Management (online; synchronous / Starts May 25) Learn the entire project life cycle in just 3 days in this engaging, instructor-led, course offered online! This program will provide tools and skills that learners can implement on their next project. The project management process applies to all industries and will benefit project managers, supervisors, or staff involved in executing projects.
- Sage 50 - Level 1 (Starts May 25)
- A hands-on business simulation in which students will create and post a complete set of books using Sage 50.
- Set up and maintain a company’s books
- -Enter transactions in all journals of Sage 50
- -Correct and adjust entries
- Produce reports and statements