OUTLINE – BUSINESS COMMUNICATION SKILLS CERTIFICATE
Set learning goals
Clarify training expectations
Introduction to a personality inventory: True Colours
Identifying how personality types influence communication, conflict development and its resolution.
- Define the non-verbal cues associated with assertive, aggressive and non-assertive behaviour.
- Understand indirect aggression, why it’s used and how to deal with it.
- Assess individuals’ current listening skills and develop strategies to become a more effective listeners, especially in conflict situations.
- Practice specific assertive tools,
- DESC Feedback
- Broken Record
- Negative Assertion
- Negative Inquiry
Understand and practice a problem-solving methodology as it applies to conflict resolution.
Apply the problem-solving methodology in negotiating win-win solutions.
Managing difficult conversations.
- Steps to holding an accountability conversation.
Identify difficult people and develop strategies to deal more effectively with them.
Recognize motivations behind difficult behaviours.
Understand stages of team development and it’s potential for conflict and impact on performance.
Learn about stress, it’s impact on communication and how individuals can cope effectively with it.
Develop critical thinking skills to enhance decision making in high stress situations.
Set individual goals for applying communication training to the workplace.