WINTER 2021 UPDATE
The Medicine Hat College Fitness Centre is now open in new location. Public health measures are in effect.
Due to the construction in the G-Wing, the Fitness Centre has relocated to the Courtyard Room next to the theatre until the new facility is complete.
Hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Bookings are required in the Fitness Centre for one hour blocks with a 15 minutes cleaning/sanitizing period following each session. Available workout times are:
Please follow all posted restrictions and protocols:
- Masks must be worn at all times during your activity. No exceptions.
- Low intensity activities only. Anything that increases the depth and rate of respiration, including running on the treadmill, heavy weight liffing and HIIT, is not allowed.
- 3m of physical distancing must be observed, recognizing there may some challenges with the available space. Please do your best.
- 1 on 1 high intensity workouts with a coach or trainer are not permitted
- All other previous restrictions are also in place (i.e. sanitize equipment when finished, no spotting, etc.)
Sessions can be booked by phone (403.529.3840 or 403.529.3834) or by email to Dean Studer at firstname.lastname@example.org. A signed waiver is required to access the Fitness Centre and must be completed prior to your first session. You are able to book up to three days in advance.
Please note, some equipment did not make its way into the temporary fitness centre due to space limitations. Please be prepared to adapt to what is currently available. All questions can be directed to Dean.
Currently the gymnasium is closed and only accessible to Rattlers teams during their set practice times. No open gyms are available until further notice.
If you have questions, please contact Dean Studer via email at email@example.com.
Four tennis courts are available on the north side of campus. You can borrow equipment from staff in the Weight Room.
The main MHC soccer pitch on the north side of the campus is the practice and home field for the Rattlers.
The Sunrise Rotary Trail circles the perimeter of the Medicine Hat campus and features 3.5 km of paved trail, fitness equipment and two playground areas. There is also easy access to Kin Coulee Park and additional trails and paths.
Want to keep your activity indoors? Check out indoor walking maps at the Medicine Hat campus!