SEASONAL EQUIPMENT OPERATORS & MAINTENANCE WORKERS
Special Areas Board
|Date Posted:|| ||Feb 13, 2020|
|Closing Date:|| ||Mar 04, 2020|
|Competition Number:|| ||321005|
|Location:|| ||Medicine Hat & area|
|Status:|| ||Summer / Seasonal|
|Number of Positions:|| ||20|
The Special Areas Board invites applications for seasonal wage positions within Special Areas 2, 3, and 4 and the Youngstown Service Center. Seasonal positions historically commence in May, depending on annual road program planning.
These positions are required to deliver 2020 Special Areas Road Program projects, so prior road maintenance and/or construction experience would be an asset. Please indicate on your application your specific equipment experience and any relevant training.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must meet the physical requirement needs for the position. Completion of grade twelve or an equivalent of education and experience. A valid class 5 Drivers License is required.
For more information, contact Wade Heiland, District Maintenance Supervisor at (403) 779-3733.
Some key duties within these seasonal wage positions include:
• Operation of road maintenance equipment for tasks such as grading, weed and brush control equipment;
• Removal of rock from roadways, gravel loading, delivery and spreading;
• Erecting signs and snow fence;
• Document management and reporting;
• Equipment servicing and minor repairs;
• Delivering the Special Areas Safety Program and all reporting requirements; and
• Other related duties.
Positions available include:
• Grader Operators
• Brush Cutter & Mower Crew Operators
• Gravel Crew Operators
• Bridge Crew Operators
• Water Truck Drivers (Class 3 Drivers License)
• Patch Truck Drivers
• Sign Crew Maintenance Workers
WAGE: $21.2243 - $32.7793 per hour
Term Of Appointment
Hours Per Week
How To Apply
COMPETITION NO: 321005 These are designated safety sensitive positions and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees. Human Resource Service, Special Areas Board, Email: SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca Visit www.specialareas.ab.ca We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.