SEASONAL EQUIPMENT OPERATORS & CONSTRUCTION WORKERS
Special Areas Board
|Date Posted:|| ||Feb 13, 2020|
|Closing Date:|| ||Mar 04, 2020|
|Competition Number:|| ||321505|
|Location:|| ||Medicine Hat & area|
|Status:|| ||Summer / Seasonal|
|Number of Positions:|| ||20|
The Special Areas Board invites applications for camp-based seasonal wage positions within Special Areas 2, 3, and 4 and the Youngstown Service Center. Seasonal positions historically commence in May, depending on annual road program planning.
These positions are required to deliver 2020 Special Areas Road Program projects, so prior road maintenance and/or construction experience would be an asset. Please indicate on your application your specific equipment experience and any relevant training.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must meet the physical requirement needs for the position. Completion of grade twelve or an equivalent of education and experience. A valid class 5 Drivers License required; additional classes may be required.
For more information, contact Shaune Kovitch, Superintendent Roads & Streets at (403) 779-3733.
Some key duties within these seasonal wage positions include:
• Operation of road construction equipment for tasks such as new road construction and repair
• Support equipment operators with traffic control, stop, slow or direct traffic through a work area
• Maintain suitable camp accommodations, servicing camp equipment, relocating/restructure of camp
• Preparing meals for crew, monitoring the safety and sanitary levels within the kitchen.
• Document management and reporting
• Equipment servicing and minor repairs
• delivering the Special Areas Safety Program and all reporting requirements, and
• other related duties
Positions available include:
• Construction Crew Operators (grader/scraper/dozer)
• Support Crew Operators (packer/sweeper/raker/patch crew workers and secondary highway repair staff)
• Construction Crew Truck & Tandem Truck Drivers (water/gravel/oil)
• Chip Crew Operators (spreader/helpers & gravel checkers/spotters)
• Camp attendants and camp cooks
• Flag persons
WAGE: $21.2243 - $35.3574 per hour
Hours Per Week
How To Apply
COMPETITION NO: 321505 These are designated safety sensitive positions and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees. Apply at: Special Areas Board, Email: SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca Visit www.specialareas.ab.ca We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.