Summer Volunteer Opportunities
Kids Cancer Care
|Date Posted:|| ||Feb 14, 2023|
|Closing Date:|| ||Apr 28, 2023|
|Location:|| ||Calgary & area|
|Status:|| ||Summer / Seasonal|
Care is a charitable foundation dedicated to helping families affected by
childhood cancer. We offer free weekend and summer camps to kids across Alberta
(we are currently supporting a few families from Medicine Hat), so they have a
chance to escape the rigours of cancer treatment for outdoor fun and adventure.
- 1 week in July or August
- Monday - Friday
- Day Camp (Calgary) or overnight camp (near Water Valley)
- You partner with a staff camp counselor and together you engage, support, encourage campers in amazing camp activities
Listen closely and you’ll hear the squeal of children laughing and the snap of campfire crackling. Summer camp offers kids with cancer a chance to escape the rigors and isolation of cancer treatments for a week of outdoor adventure. Be the volunteer behind the laughter. Our 2023 camp season is open and we are currently looking for camp volunteers for our spring, summer and fall camps. To volunteer for our camp programs, please register through our volunteer database Better Impact.
- SunRise (ages 3-7): A day camp with field trips, arts and crafts, along with visits from clowns, naturalists, EMS workers and other exciting guests!
SunHaven & SunMaker (ages 7-17): A five-day overnight camp at Camp Kindle for children who have a parent with cancer or young people affected by pediatric cancer. Make new friends and take on new challenges— high ropes, zip line, climbing, rafting, swimming and more!
Our camps offer kids a chance to be kids!
As you can imagine, there are a variety of roles that need to be filled for summer camp. Here are just a few:
- Camp Nurse
- Camp Counsellor
- Buddy Counsellor
- One-to-One Support ( volunteers must have completed first-year nursing or be healthcare aids)
- Youth Volunteers (14years - 17years) - for camp Sunrise. Limited positions available
How To Apply
For more information, email Kylie at firstname.lastname@example.org