Western Tractor Company Inc.
|Date Posted:|| ||Feb 27, 2023|
|Closing Date:|| ||Mar 31, 2023|
|Location:|| ||Medicine Hat & area|
Western Tractor Company Inc., a 4-store John Deere dealer located in Southern Alberta, is searching for a full time Journeyman or Apprentice Service Technician to join our growing John Deere agricultural equipment group for our Medicine Hat location. Western Tractor is located at the center of an irrigated agricultural area that is known for the variety of specialty crops that it produces. John Deere is the number one brand of Agricultural, Turf and Commercial Construction equipment in the area and has been represented by Western Tractor in Southern Alberta since the 1930's. Western Tractor's commitment to our basic values, customer focus and employee improvement are what has made us a dominant dealer and an "employer of choice".
We offer our employees terrific opportunities to grow within our organization. Employees are our number one asset, and we encourage training and personal development for everyone. Our
employees receive on the job training, John Deere University courses and training in other locations across North America. We are proud of the education that we provide our staff.
Western Tractor offers competitive wages and a great benefits plan. Employees can be assured that they and their loved ones will be covered in the case of illness or accident. Our benefits include:
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Critical illness
• Prescription drug coverage
• Dental coverage
• Extended health benefits
• Health Spending Account
• Life insurance including dependent life
• Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
• Retirement Savings Plan
• Extensive safety program
• Boot allowance
Western Tractor Service Technicians independently perform diagnostics, repairs, and scheduled maintenance work involving all types of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, drive train and engine repairs on internal or customer owned equipment.
Competency and Training Requirements
• Journeyman Certificate – Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) or Agricultural Equipment Technician (AET) considered an asset
• Previous John Deere agricultural equipment experience considered an asset
• Valid class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
• Physically capable (ability to lift up to 50 lbs.)
• Basic computer skills required
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• High attention to detail
• Excellent listening skills
• Great attitude
• Good work ethic
• Diagnose and repair a wide range of equipment including Agricultural, GPS, Lawn & Garden and Commercial Construction equipment
• Assemble and perform pre-delivery inspections of new equipment
• Account for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
• Other duties as assigned by management
Term Of Appointment
How To Apply
Interested applicants can submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating they are applying for the Service Technician position. Resumes can also be delivered in person to Dustin Froehlich at our Medicine Hat dealership. This position will be open until a suitable candidate is found.